- Parents or siblings of students are NOT permitted on the gym floor without a coach.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the facility, and food and drinks are only permitted in designated areas (the snack area near the entrance, and in the viewing areas). Food and drinks are not permitted anywhere on the gym floor.
- Parents may observe all classes from the viewing area only. For safety and instructional reasons, observers must refrain from communicating with students while they are in class
- We strongly discourage absenteeism in our program. Regular attendance is beneficial to your child’s progress in the program – skills and techniques will remain fresh in their memories, and muscle memory is also important.
- Arriving on time (or a few minutes early) is highly recommended. Arriving late to class may be a chaotic beginning to your child’s lesson and it disrupts the other children in the group.
- All students must wear shoes to and from the gym.
- All girls wear leotards and have hair tied back. All boys wear t-shirts tucked into stretch short Shorts with zippers, buttons, or pockets are not allowed. Students cannot wear jewelry or chew gum while in class.
- Gymnastics students must be barefooted (no socks or tights that cover the feet.)
- All students must wait inside the building to be picked up after class
GYM MAKE-UP POLICY
Your child has a reserved time for his or her class. Please understand the instructors are there to teach your children even if your child does not show up. While Discover Gymnastics will do everything possible to find the perfect fit for you, it is your responsibility to schedule your lesson in a time that fits your child’s schedule. In order to see continual improvement in your child’s skill attainment and physical development, it is important that attendance be consistent. If you choose not to follow these guidelines, your child will be removed from the class roster.
For this reason, we wish to encourage regular attendance by issuing the following make-up policy.
Make-up classes can be scheduled BY APPOINTMENT ONLY on an AVAILABILITY BASIS ONLY. MAKE-UPS CANNOT BE SCHEDULED MORE THAN 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE and MUST BE MADE WITHIN ONE MONTH OF THE MISSED CLASS.
*Exceptions for make-ups; when the gym is closed due to a holiday or gym event, the make-up is automatic and can be made up before the missed class.
Procedure for scheduling make-up classes is as follows:
MAKE-UP POLICY APPLIES TO RECREATIONAL CLASSES ONLY. HOMESCHOOL AND FITNESS CLASSES ARE NOT INCLUDED AND ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MAKE-UPS.
- Schedule the day and time for the make-up class with the front desk. Make-ups must be scheduled for a class that has already been missed, not one that your child will miss.
- Once the appointment has been scheduled, we go by a use it or lose it policy and we do not offer make-ups for make-ups.
- Your child’s Make-Up Pass must be obtained in hand from the front desk prior to class start time to redeem as admittance onto the floor for the class you scheduled your make-up in.
- Make-up classes may not be transferred to other children of the same family. Make-up classes may not be transferred to other children of another family.
- Make-ups can be utilized as make-ups only while you are enrolled. Make-up classes cannot be made up upon re-enrollment. If you drop out of the program, you lose the make-up classes and there is no monetary compensation.
- Make-ups cannot be carried over from previous semesters as make-ups. All classes missed during Fall, Spring, or Summer semesters must be made up during that semester or they will be lost. We do not issue credits or refunds on accounts for make-ups.
- The maximum amount of make-ups that will be allowed during the active session is four (4).
- For your convenience, we do allow you to use make-ups as credit towards other activities we offer. See the front desk for more information on absence conversions.
- Registration Fees are due at time of enrollment, renewed annually, and are non-refundable Registration Fees must be current for classes.
- Tuition is charged by the semester. There are 3 semesters per year (Spring, Summer, and Fall). Tuition is pro-rated from the date of enrollment. Tuition may be paid in full, or on one of our payment plans. We offer both 2 & 3 payment plan options. For the two payment plan, a $10.00 service charge is included. For the three payment plan, a $25.00 service charge is included. Payments can be made by credit/debit card, check or cash. Payments are due on the 15th day of specified month(s). If you select to pay by debit/credit card, then your credit card will be kept on file and will be processed on the specified dates. If you select to pay by check, then you give us checks dated for the specified dates. If your debit/credit card is declined for any reason, causing your payment to be late, a $25 late fee will be added to your account. We do not mail payment reminders to the address on file. If we do not receive payment after 14 days your child will be removed from class.
If you need to withdraw from the program, a Withdrawal Form (located in the office), MUST BE received within the first 4 weeks of sign-up. WE DO NOT ACCEPT WITHDRAWALS OVER THE PHONE OR THROUGH EMAIL. WE MUST RECEIVE A PHYSICAL COPY OF THE WITHDRAWAL FORM.
The Refund/Credit policy is as follows:
- Discover Gymnastics has a LIMITED REFUND POLICY.
- Upon withdrawal from the program Discover Gymnastics will place an in-house credit on your account for the remaining unused classes to be used at the gym for other services we offer. Credit amounts are based on date of withdrawal.
- Credits will remain on file until December 31st of the calendar year.
- The first 4 weeks of enrollment are considered a trial period. Refunds will only be considered for unforeseen circumstances. Fees are associated with a refund, if/when approved. A processing fee of $25 will be deducted from the unused amount. An additional 7% will be deducted from the total charge if you paid by credit card.
- If you withdraw and request a refund between 6-8 weeks we will deduct 25% of your refund.
- If you withdraw and request a refund between 9-12 weeks we will deduct 50% of your refund.
- If you withdraw and request a refund between 13-20 weeks a refund will not be given.
- All refunds will take 60-90 days to be processed.
Checks will be issued for payments that were made by cash or check.
Revised January 2017